Our favorite event of the year, Operation Wake County Holiday Cheer, is here!
Beginning in 2011, Operation Wake County Holiday Cheer is a project the nOg Run Club fundraises for all year long, sponsoring hundreds of children each holiday season to deliver presents to all. This year will bring us to a total of 828 local children sponsored and over $11,000 worth of toys paid off on layaway!
Proceeds from the St. Paddy’s 4 Miler, World’s Largest Flip Flop 1K, Oktoberfest 4 Miler, merchandise sales and donations help fund Operation Wake County Holiday Cheer.
A special thank you to our corporate sponsors Fleet Feet Raleigh and JDS Consulting & Design for their support! If your business would like to support Operation Wake County Holiday Cheer, tax deductible donations can be made here.
Saturday, November 9th – Old Navy Shopping
Thank you to everyone who helped with the shopping! $14,0005.37 was spent buying clothing for the 128 children we are sponsoring through the Wake County Holiday Cheer Program.
Up next, shoes, undergarments, diapers, socks, toys, and paying off $5,000 worth of toys on layaway!
We paid off $6,079.11 worth of toys on layaway at a local Walmart, over $5,000 of toys were donated by JDS Consulting & Design, and diapers/socks/underwear/etc were purchased!
Saturday, December 14th @ 8AM – Wrapping & Delivery
Join the nOg Run Club to wrap and deliver the gifts for the 128 children we are sponsoring through the Wake County Holiday Cheer program. As soon as all the presents are wrapped, we will take a group photo and then start delivering.
Thank you to everyone who purchased raffle tickets and helped us pay off toys on layaway and sponsor 128 children through the Wake County Holiday Cheer Program!
Raffle prizes winners:
- $100 Visa gift card- Kevin Boyette
- Altra shoes (Fleet Feet Raleigh)- Peg Lawler
- Brooks shoes (Fleet Feet Raleigh)- Jessica Kantor
- Mizuno shoes (Fleet Feet Raleigh)- Amber Boger
- Mizuno outfit (top and bottom men’s or women’s- Fleet Feet Raleigh)- Bryan Kline
- ON apparel (men’s or women’s Fleet Feet Raleigh)- Art Sheppard/Hilary Taylor
- Saucony shoes (Fleet Feet Raleigh)- Audrey Loder
- Super Feet (5 winners- Fleet Feet Raleigh)- Rodney Stanley won all 5
- New Balance shoes (Fleet Feet Raleigh)- Chris Ambrose
- New Balance apparel (top or bottom and men’s or women’s- Fleet Feet Raleigh)- Art Sheppard/Hilary Taylor
- $100 Fleet Feet gift card- Martha Bader
- Fleet Fleet Training Program of choice- Erin McCrary
- 60 minute Julie White Massage- Jessica Kantor
- 9×12 custom pet portrait from Hope it Makes Your Smile- Jennifer Enis
- Birthday party at Triumph Gymnastics- Katy Pagano
- 20 assorted macarons (Gingerbread, Chocolate Peppermint, Sugar Cookie, Pumpkin) from Dip Everything in Chocolate- Rodney Stanley, McCray Harris, Katie Friedman X 2
- St. Paddy’s 4 Miler entry- Kristin Gabor
- Tobacco Road Marathon/Half Marathon Entry- Kevin Boyette
- Monet shampoo/conditioner plus dry shampoo courtesy of Theresa Russell– Amber Boger
- Race shirt quilt courtesy of Christy Bigelow (you supply the race shirts)- Peg Lawler
- Any in stock nOg Run Club shirt- David Sawatsky
- nOg Run Club Goodrs- Kieran Williams
- nOg Run Club buff- Kevin Boyette