Registration will open soon for the 6th annual World’s Largest Flip Flop 1K Walk! Help us reclaim our Guinness World Record. If you can walk a 1K in flip flops, you can join us! A group in Arizona broke our record with 1,942 participants.
Registration & Race Details
- Through June 10th – $20
- June 11th to 13th – $25
This is not your typical “race.” There are guidelines we have to follow to submit to Guinness for our attempt to be verified as a new Guinness World Record.
Schedule of Events:
- Once you arrive at Bond Brothers, you will pick up your bar code liability waiver at the table in front of Bond Brothers. You will hand this form in to be scanned when you enter into the corral area. Every participant will hand in their own form and is one of the ways we count participants.
- 10:30am – Enter into the “corral area.” This is a required step by Guinness and will be recorded for verification submission. Please arrive no later than 10:30am at Bond Brothers. We highly encourage you to pick up your race bib/shirt at either Thursday or Friday packet pickup to help with lines on race morning.
- 11am – all runners should be in the corral area. Once all participants are in the corral area, a group photo will be taken and the 1K will start.
- Every participant must wear thong flip flops. They can not adapted for the race in any way and may not have backs.
- Everyone must complete the entire 1K in flip flops (run or walk).
- Strollers are allowed in the race.
- Dogs are not allowed to participate due to liability insurance.
Every registered participant will receive a polyblend shirt (not guaranteed after June 2nd) and the first 2,100 people will receive the commemorative medal magnet. This is the same shirt we have used the past three years. Ladies, the shirts runs REALLY small and is very fitted. Please order 1-2 sizes larger than normal or unisex if you do not want a fitted shirt.
- Shirts are not guaranteed after May 28th. Extra shirts will be ordered but sizes not guaranteed. If we are out of your size shirt, please wear a blue shirt to the event.
- The first 2,100 people to register will receive a commemorative finishers medal magnet.
- We highly encourage you to pick up on Thursday or Friday to help cut down the line event morning